Saturday, March 26, 2011

Listening


This post has been on my heart for a while! I found these old pieces of scrap wood lying on the table, as shown above. I thought, "Huh, that looks a lot like the ark!" I realized that I wanted to take a picture of it for the blog, but was unsure of what message to say. I knew a message would come eventually, but in the mean time didn't take a picture of it because I was busy. After finishing Becky's painting above I reset up the image as exactly as before. I thought it seemed too cheesy to have the rainbow color above and wanted to put the pieces somewhere else, to accentuate the ark. So I decided to pray about it. Then the thought came into my head, "Hello! This is perfect for the ark!" As in the story of Noah and the ark, recorded in Genesis 9:12-13, "And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set a rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." The story of Noah and the ark shows many lessons about listening. When Noah listened to God, even in the face of adversity, God was faithful and protected him. Also, the story shows how an average person was used in incredible ways because of God's love and mercy. In the same way, God comes to all of us and puts on our hearts His plans. At first, I was unsure of why the pieces of wood should stay there, but now I realize the importance. Also, it's interesting that the scraps even look like this! I am so thankful that God continues to speak to us, even when we are unsure because His promises of love to us are so beautiful. I am also so thankful that God prompted me to keep the pieces there, and told me why. I really had no time to even think about it, the message just emerged into my mind! In everything, we should listen to God because then, we will not only be protected, but we are enabled to help others!