Saturday, March 26, 2011

Neahkahnie Lookout

This painting was done for Becky Bruce, a friend who I met in a Bible Study group. When she asked me to do a painting for her, I had a couple in mind, but thought I should pray about it. This is the scene that grew in my mind from then on. It is part way up Neahkahnie Mountain. One of the longest paintings I've had an opportunity to work on, both physically and time spent on it, I realize that sometimes God has us go further than we would think to go on our own. While working on this painting there were so many opportunities that I would not have had otherwise. This is really like the walk or hike up the mountain in our lives. We can look at any point along the way and realize how beautiful it is. I find that I usually want to take it from the top, but along the way is just as beautiful and makes memories. I recall the verse in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."