Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rainbows


       Praise the LORD!!! God reigns His love on us, and gives us His Light so that we can see the beautiful colors of His Providence and Promise. (Romans 5:5; John 8:12, and John 9:5; Genesis 9:13-15, about the waters never again becoming a flood to destroy all life).
       I'll be honest that the past few months have been really hard! I've been waiting for the He Art cookbook to come in and have been waiting for the LORD for many other promises. God has been revealing many amazing things to me, because of this waiting, though I sometimes forget and focus on my circumstances. Instead, we should fix our eyes on Jesus! Hebrews 12, my favorite passage of Scripture, encourages us with this hope in Him! "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and loose heart" (Hebrews 12:1-3). As long as we are looking to Jesus, then we don't sink! In fact, He works through us and performs His miracles! Consider the passage from Matthew 14:28-32. "'Lord, if it's you,' Peter replied, 'tell me to come to you on the water.' 'Come,' he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?' And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down." Jesus is always here to save us! He is always right with us. There is no need to fear! Also, something that He has been revealing to me is that we are waiting for Him! We are not waiting for His promises, per say, but rather Him and we can enjoy His promises unfold as they come! David writes in Psalm 27:14, "Wait for the LORD; be strong and
take heart and wait for the LORD." It is active waiting for the LORD, not for something else! Wait for the LORD! God just revealed this to me last week! And active waiting means that He gives us fun things to do like sharing Him with His people! Plus, He is always with us, through the Holy Spirit. We don't need to fear, just like Peter realized! In fact, Jesus said to Peter, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it" (Matthew 16:18).
       Thank the LORD for teaching these gifts to me last week! There is also a lot more that He taught me out of this time, that LORD willing, He wrote through me in the 'Breakthrough' He Articles. Anyways, I was still very upset, especially last night. I told the LORD that I couldn't take it anymore! Please have mercy on me and the family, God. Well, He always hears our prayers, and just like Peter, I was unnecessarily upset. When I woke up this morning, as I always do, I looked forward to seeing His Love! It is new every morning! "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23), and "It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night" (Psalm 92:1-2). Well, I had no idea how much faithfulness and love He has! We cannot contain the love and mercies of God!
       When I woke up I saw rainbows! They were on the ceiling and when I closed my eyes, I could still see them! It was just one at first, and then a double and many! Wow! It was wonderful! They were just like the rainbows that you could see outside! I felt like God was telling me that He will keep His promise to me and His people! He will bring forth the He Art cookbook and all of, all!!!, the other promises He made to me and us as well! Wow! I was so relieved! I looked at the rainbows and thanked God for hearing me! He is so kind! I calmly went back to sleep feeling very rested. How amazing is God! In the meantime of falling back asleep, I then had a few 'stormy waves' of dreams. I was very upset and afraid. I often do have nightmares (ha! 'mare,' means 'sea.'), so I pray that for me right now and anyone else with these, that they would go away, in Jesus' Name, and also that we would not fear, for we can remember that God is right here! All right!! Well, I was upset, and I forgot that I had seen these rainbows! I really did forget. I woke up and was sad and started asking God for help. I knew that I wanted to write all of the things He's been teaching me recently, so I desired to be really jiving with Him! Then, the rainbow came in my head, and I saw it on the ceiling again! I remembered what had happened! I felt so relieved! There it was again! This time I was very awake and looked at it! It had purple at the bottom, and then blue, green, yellow and red. I kept looking and it seemed to fade. I thought, hmm. I felt like God was telling me that I need to look at things through the eyes of faith! To look to Him! I often feel stressed when I don't feel the LORD and look for Him! Where are you, I ask. Well, He's always right here!!!! That is a silly question! This is something He has been teaching me recently. He's always here, holding our hand! "Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory" (Psalm 73:23-24). Praise God! Well, He taught it to me again, in a different way. I felt like He wanted me to look at Him, just like the rainbows. He said that I didn't need to do anything to get into His Presence. He's always here, and He is doing it, not me! Then, I just rested and looked, and the rainbows came back again. Every time I just relaxed and knew He was with me, the rainbows gradually came back! It was really interesting. The last major time, I looked, and instead of the rainbow being small, like off in the distance, and the arc being in full view, I looked and the arc was so large! I only saw the bottom of the rainbow, as though I were up close. Later, throughout the day, too, God gave me more rainbows! It was great! I prayed 'thank you God!' and asked if there was anything else He was trying to tell me. He told me that it was a promise to me that there would no longer be pain like that in my life. I also felt like He was saying for other people, for everyone, that there would no longer be this type of grief I experienced the night before. Praise God! I'm so excited that He said this. I know that He is also keeping this promise in your life! Wow! He's so amazing!
       God is always doing miracles! All over the world God is healing and saving His people! He's restoring sight to the blind, having the lame walk, the deaf hear, raising people from the dead, and more, for He desires to show us that He loves us, and wants to be with us. He heals people of their diseases, physically, but also way more importantly, He heals people spiritually and forgives them all of their sins and separation with Him! (See, for example, Matthew 9:1-7) God gives us eternal life, with Him and others in perfect relationship! It's so beyond us! He offers this to everyone! Our response is to just have faith! That's all that is needed, and He does the miracles and saves us, just like with Peter! Praise God! For, "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth
and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Jesus died on the cross and did it for us. There is no longer any work needed or that can be added! It's good news because He saves us! We just rest in His everlasting arms. "The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, 'Destroy them!' (Deuteronomy 33:27).
       And God is always doing miracles in your life! It was an honor to see these rainbows, and have my dad's back healed, but what is really important, and the best honor is that God has saved us!!!!!!! In everyone's life, He offers to save us! Let us put our faith in Him always! Plus, He's always doing miracles in our life, even if we don't see them. My family and I just read, 'To Heaven and Back,' about Mary C. Neal, MD's life. I would recommend reading it, and also doing what she suggested. For over a year or so, write down any time blessings come in your life; whenever things work out, and also write down the things you really would like to work out, keeping track and updating how those desires were fulfilled. Over time, we see that all of these events are so influenced by His loving hand.
       God does exist! And He is so loving, kind, compassionate and full of mercies. I mean, He gave us color! Let's praise God today and share His goodness with all His people!
       (also, God gave me this last quote a few days ago, and I have been looking for the time to write it down on the blog! How amazing that He had it planned to go along with His Promise today! And check out 'Hi Jesus,' a poem the Holy Spirit led to write after this great day! Praise Him!)