Sunday, March 24, 2013

Breakthrough 5: God is our Teacher, Friend, Brother and Everything!

       God is good! And He is our Teacher, best Friend and Brother! How amazing that He is our God, and also our Teacher, Friend and Brother! And He is much more, like the great comforter, the Holy Spirit in us! He is God in us! (John 16:5-15). For we read, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). He is with us, and breathing life into us! He is our Father! This is one of my favorites; He is our Daddy! We learn this in Romans 8:15, "The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba Father.'" He is our sweet, kind, loving, gentle Father who cares for us in His peaceful arms. "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, 'Destroy them!'" God is AMAZING! He is everything to us! I'll just pray that He writes through me for just some of who He is, and may He lead you to know who He is, the Great I AM, every day more and more! He is LOVE! (1 John 4:16) He loves you and is with you always.
       God led me to write this breakthrough mainly because of how He is our Teacher! He is actually our only Teacher! He led me to this verse one day a few weeks ago. "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you only have one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted" (Matthew 23:8-12). God teaches us a lot here! And He always does teach us so much! His Word to us is living! (1 Peter 1:23; Hebrews 4:12; also, Jesus is the Word in the flesh: John 1:1-14). So there is so much here! In fact, He is the Teacher, so let's ask Him to reveal Himself and the Life He is to us! Every time we read the Bible, or actually do anything, let's pray that the Holy Spirit in us guides us to what He would like us to hear and do and see! Amen! Therefore, just one idea from this, that He gave me, was that He is our Teacher, or the One whom we should go to for advise, questions and understanding. I have always known this in my head, but have only recently realized His love in this at a heart level.
       More and more often, God has been telling me of miracles happening and people being healed in Jesus' Name (that is because He alone has the power to do so! Hallelujah!!!!!!!)! All over the world, people are being cured of aids, cancer, and of all sorts of various diseases! The blind are receiving sight, the lame are now walking and the dead are being raised! It's really happening, and it's all in Jesus' Name! Praise God!!!!!!! This is because He is the One True God!!! Even people who are really close to me are being healed by His Amazing Love! Two of my friends were healed of celiac disease, Hallelujah!, and I've heard of some friends of friends who's newborn baby was completely healed from a deathly virus! Also, my dad's back was healed with an x-ray to show it! Praise the living God! He is risen indeed!!! Plus, God gave me a huge promise and comforted me with rainbows! (See, 'Rainbows'!) God is always at work and in love with us. He heals our whole person! How amazing and good is He for healing us physically, emotionally, and in every way, but most importantly spiritually, for Jesus died on the cross for our sins and separation with Him, so we don't have to!!! He offers to save us forever! Hallelujah!!! "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). Praise Jesus that He is here and in love with us! Through childlike faith in Him, we are invited into an amazing, vibrant, good, pure, holy and loving relationship with our Creator and Friend. His sacrifice made us right with Him and others for eternity! How amazing is our God and Dad! (It is important to note, too, that we love God, not the miracles, or Him for the miracles! He is who we are made for and He completes us. It would be like a wife getting a gift from her husband. She would not love the gift more than him! That would be silly! God is the One whom we are made for! He is LOVE (1 John 4:16; Acts 17:28; John 17:21)!).
       As I was hearing/ seeing all these amazing miracles, of blind people receiving their sight, the lame walking, and my friends being healed, I prayed that God would work through me too! For God said, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" (Matthew 21:22). It is so simple, because God is doing the healing! That is just His loving nature! Well, for some reason I thought I still needed to learn something, and began asking people for tips on healing. When I really started looking into it, that's when God lead me right to this verse! What a blessing! No one else can teach me about Him! And I don't need to go to anyone to learn more about His gifts! If I would like to learn about Jesus, a real person (actually, the most real person ever), then I should ask Him, for He is actually Truth! Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). God taught me that it is Him doing the work, and we just ask! Again, this is like a wife desiring to know about her husband and asking all his brothers and sisters about him. She would of course get some information, both good and bad, probably, but it wouldn't be complete! Of course she would desire to ask and talk with her husband first! He would tell her in a heartbeat about his character, and then talk and talk about how much he loves her! And He would probably keep going on and on all day on that last part too! Well, thank you God!
       It's a heart decision! Looking back, it seems so obvious, but when faced with a tough challenge, or something that confuses us, or makes us upset, who do we go to first? Well, we can talk with Jesus all day, and He will heal us!!!!!!! Also, God is our Great Counselor! "Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief. But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you" (John 16:5-7). The Holy Spirit, God desires to live in us! We should go to Him first! He will Love us and Teach us and be with us completely, forever! Also, it is awesome to go to friends and counselors, for God made them!!!, but we should always go to Him first! This is the same with learning with friends. It is like a classroom. God is the only teacher and everyone else is a student! We can ask other students about what God taught us, and study with them, and learn some more, but when we hear something new, we should not just go to ourselves and see if it's right, but we should always go back and ask the Teacher, our Dad! He will tell us and He will also delight in talking with us! (Even with this, just ask Dad about it!) Let's learn about Him through His Word, recorded in the Bible and pray with Him all day! -Prayer is a two-way conversation with God! He has so much to say, so let's just listen!
       God is so good! He is here! Let's ask Him every day to guide us more and more! Also, He is so much more, for He is the infinite God! He is our Brother, best Friend, and our Heavenly Daddy! He is so close and intimate with us! We have complete access to Him, because of what Jesus did on the cross for us! (See, 'Breakthrough! An Introduction'!) Let's refresh and spend some time enjoying who God is and how He loves us through His True promises to us in Scripture. Also, feel free to check out words in the online concordance, 'Blue Letter Bible.' It's amazing how much God has to say about Him being our Friend, Teacher, Brother, Dad, how He is Love, and with us, Immanuel! He seems to be telling us over and over that He is Love and here with us in Love! He really desires to give His true peace and life! Let's just enjoy His Love back!

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'   Romans 8:15

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his masters business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.   John 15:15

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.   John 14:27

As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.' "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy." Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Then Peter spoke up, "We have left everything to follow you!" "Truly I tell you," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."   Mark 10:17-31

For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.   Matthew 12:50

When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."   Luke 5:20

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.   John 10:11
and
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.   John 15:13

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."   Mark 12:29-31

       Praise God for who He is! He is our best Friend, Teacher, Brother, Daddy and our first LOVE! Let's go to Him first, and enjoy Him now and forever! Hallelujah!


See also, 'Breakthrough! An Introduction', for more on breakthrough and how God is always with us through His LOVE!!! Hallelujah!