Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Breakthrough 2: God is always making us!

       A few weeks ago, God really put it on my heart that He was always 'making us.' After going through some tough times this year and waiting for the He Art cookbook, it was so nice to be comforted by Him with this miracle! (See also, 'Rainbows') And it really is a miracle! God makes us within the womb with His love and power and might! He pours out His breath into our hearts, minds, souls and bodies. He intimately creates us and knows us, even before we are! How amazing! It is such a miracle to see a new born child! Well, He is still using the same amazing, gentle, and sweet miracle every day of our lives! He makes us new every day!
       The next morning after God told me this, He led me to read a daily devotional. I read them occasionally, and listen to what page He wants me to turn to. Well, that day it was, 'Jesus Today' by Sarah Young. He led me to a page with this verse: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:17-18). This was a pretty relevant verse to read! Thank you God! He sure was emphasizing this point! He really does intimately make us, continuously! Plus, we read, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17). In Christ, we are a new creation, because He takes our place! Now, too, He continues to make us and love on us. Wow! God is amazing and so loving! It is joyously good indeed that we can spend eternity with Him, our Creator and best Friend! "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15). Hallelujah, our God reigns! And He is right here!
      It is also fun to tell about the first time, and all the other major times, God led me to this verse, 2 Corinthians 3:18! The first time was when my family and I were so delighted to stay at our dear friend's, the Liggett's, beach house! They let us stay there so often and are so gracious! They see it as a gift that God gave them to give to others to relax and rejuvenate! And it is such a gift. It also happens to be at the beach that is one of my favorite spots in the world! God is good. Well, one time when we went there, we found that they were doing a renovation! Upstairs there was a new bedroom and bathroom. At this point, there was just the bare plywood on the floor. When we walked in to check it out, my mom noticed that they had their kids write Bible verses on the floor! We thought this was a great idea, and we should all do this! (As God later led me to read, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit down at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth" (Deuteronomy 11:18-21). God is so good! Well, that's just what they were doing here and we all enjoyed and studied the verses with delight. I wrote them down and tried to put them to heart later. One that really stuck was 2 Corinthians 3:18.
       The next time major time that God led me to 2 Corinthians 3:18 was for my senior project, which was about God making us in His image. We are continually being made and completed in Him. At the time, though, I still hadn't heard from Him about the miracle of 'making.' The next time then, was pretty recent, right after God was sharing with me about making us. He told me this on a Saturday, if I remember right. Well, on Monday or Tuesday, He was really putting it on my heart to listen to an audio sermon, and the pastor had been led by Him to base it on this verse! -So, God must have put it on his heart near the same time! Wow! Praise God! He goes over the top to show us His love for us.
       The most recent time He shared this verse with me was just a few days ago, when a friend wrote and included this verse as the last thing. It was incredible; just over the last few weeks, three major times!!! God is really sharing something here. And one of the best parts, is that each time He does share it with me, I can look back and see how He has grown me and made me more in love with Him since the last time! He's always here making us! Praise Dad! He loves us so much! Let's just enjoy loving Him back! Hallelujah!!!!!!!
    
See also, 'Breakthrough 11: John 17:20-21; One with the Father!' for even more times God led me to 2 Corinthians 3:18! He is so good and always continues to make us one with Him, in Love!

And see, 'Breakthrough! An Introduction', for more on breakthrough and how God is always with us through His LOVE!!! Hallelujah!